1 package mini cannoli shells (12 shells)
15 oz. container Ricotta cheese (don’t go for the skim – go for the real stuff!)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. mini chocolate chips + extra’s for garnish
pinch of cinnamon
- Drain ricotta cheese
- Mix drained ricotta, sugar, honey, vanilla and cinnamon well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Chill mixture until ready to fill shells and serve.
- To fill each shell, put the filling in a pastry bag or resealable gallon bag, cutting off the tip to allow filling out. (I made the filling on Sunday night and chilled in a gallon size sealable bag for easy filling Monday morning…)
- Take each shell and sqeeze some mixture in to the opening, towards the center then flip to the other side of the shell and repeat
- Once all shells are filled take extra chocolate chips and sprinkle on a plate to dip each end in for chocolately garnish!
- Dust lightly with powedered sugar
Other great garnishes would be: chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, pistaccios), candied fruits, chocolate (or colored) sprinkles, a cherry, chocolate shavings, etc.