Ingredients for 4-6 people
- 24 chicken wings
- Salt & pepper
- 1 liter of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup * butter or vegetable margarine
- 1/2 cup ketchup "hot" (or classic ketchup)
- A few drops of Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 carrots, cut into sticks
- 4 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 1 small bottle of blue cheese sauce **
* 1 cup (1 cup) -> a volume of 240 ml
** Failing, mix mayonnaise with a little cream and crushed roquefort
Remove the tips of the wings with a sharp knife. Separate each wing into two parts by cutting at the seam (see photos here). Salt and pepper.
Heat oil to 180 º C in a deep fryer and dip half chicken wings *. Fry for 10-15 minutes, until chicken wings are golden brown and crispy. Carefully drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining wings.
Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Pour the ketchup, a few drops of Tabasco and vinegar. Mix and bring to boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
Arrange fried chicken wings in a deep dish. Pour the sauce and stir until the chicken wings is fully coated with sauce. Let cool.
Arrange celery sticks and carrots in a serving dish; accompanied with blue cheese sauce aside. Serve with warm chicken wings.
* I used the Actifry for lightness, using only 3/4 teaspoon dose of oil for an equally golden and crispy results