'

Jam Bars



2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Desired amount of cream cheese filling
Any flavor jam
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
jam-bars1.
jam-bars2.
Reserve 2 cups crumbs and press the rest in a 9×13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
jam-bars3.
Spread cream cheese evenly over crust, then jam over cream cheese.
jam-bars4. I used about 1 cup of cream cheese filling.
jam-bars5. I used about 1/2 cup of jam. Next time, I’d use more like 1/4 cup of jam. It was a little too sweet and the strawberry flavor over-powered the cream cheese flavor, I thought. And that’s not good when fruit over-powers cream cheese! ;)
Sprinkle crumbs over jam.
jam-bars6.
Bake until crumbs are golden. After 17 minutes, it looked like this, so I got it out of the oven… looks great to me!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire